Getting your baby to sleep is only half the battle! Once they’re asleep most parents still have concerns that can keep them up at night.
Did you know, most of these concerns can be addressed if you buy a baby monitor? In fact a third of mothers see having a baby monitor they trust as ‘absolutely critical’ to getting a good night’s sleep.
The Tomy Baby Monitor is multi-award winning and a favorite in the UK.
Every Baby Monitor Review has been thoroughly tested to provide the very highest standards of safety and a host of up-to-date features from guaranteed privacy and two-way talk back to remotely controlled night lights, vibration alert and last feed timer, that really do make parenting easier.
When choosing your monitor you need to determine your requirements, from the type of home you live in, and your lifestyle as there are several monitors that will meet your criteria.
* Do you want to ensure that no-one else can listen in to your monitor? Unique to the Tomy Walkabout Baby Monitor, privacy is guaranteed thanks to an inbuilt scrambling device and 65,000 unique combinations in the Walkabout Baby Advance, Classic Advance and Premier Advance and an auto channel hopping selection function and digital audio in the Walkabout Platinum Digital. Guaranteed privacy means that the sounds your baby makes cannot be picked up by any other monitor in the area.
* You might be spending time out of the house such as in the garden? If so consider a Tomy Baby Portable Monitor with a longer range for flexible, portable monitoring. Also consider having a monitor with a vibration alert which is great for more noisy environments.
* Will your baby be sleeping in their own nursery? If so you might want to invest in a Baby Monitor Reviews with a two-way talk back facility which is handy for when your baby only needs a word of reassurance from afar. Also consider one with a night light on the baby unit to give a comforting glow in the dark to reassure your baby.
* Are you concerned that you might disturb your baby when entering the nursery? If so you might want to consider a monitor with a night light on the baby unit so there is no need to disturb your baby using the main light in the nursery.
* You may be concerned that you might forget when the next feed is due during the night? In order to reduce uncertainty about when the next feeding is due, the innovative last feed timer on our top of the range Tomy Baby Talkabout Platinum Digital Monitor will keep track for you.
* On many occasions you may feel that the temperature of your nursery might not be ideal. In order to keep the nursery at the ideal temperature you might want to consider a Tomy Baby Monitor with an in-built temperature display enabling you to continuously monitor the temperature of your baby’s nursery. If you are also worried about temperature variances overnight in the nursery you might want to consider the Tomy Baby Walkabout Platinum Digital Monitor which records the maximum and Minimum temperature the nursery got to during the night.
* What about being able to judge the intensity of your babies sound when not in the nursery? Consider a Tomy Baby Monitor with a sound-sensitive light display which is a display of moving lights which echo the level of your baby’s sounds meaning you can stay alert to your baby’s needs even with the sound turned down and can also judge when you want to react to your baby’s sounds.
* Do you have two small children and want to use two monitors at one time? It is possible to use two monitors at one time however, it is not recommended to have two analogue monitors in close proximity as interference between the two monitors could prevent them from working properly. Using 2 DECT monitors in close proximity is fine and both will work normally with no interference.
You can see that there is a Tomy Baby Monitor for most applications that is why Tomy is the No 1 brand of baby monitors in the UK.
Christina Danzarola is a freelance journalist and has been using a tomy baby monitor for the past 12 months since her daughter Claire was born, which has given her real peace of mind as she was always fearful of leaving her baby on her own even in the next room, but she was able to monitor everything. Check out the baby monitor reviews by visiting the website.